Thursday, November 5, 2009

"but the greatest of these is love"

My last post was about the new great loves of my life. Yesterday morning one of my life's greatest loves had passed from this world. My Gramps died after his two month battle with lymphoma of the brain.I still can't wrap my head around the idea that I won't see him, his big smile, or receive one of his empowering hugs. It's been a hard two months for me, especially since the last time I saw him was before any of this had happened--I learned of the brain tumor after I was all ready at YAV Orientation.

I head home on Friday morning for some much needed family time, viewings, and the service. I'm joyful and excited to see my family, to be with them, and to celebrate the great of love of life that Gramps always carried with him. It will certainly be hard, but I know that his love is with me, and enables me to live and serve each day here in Nashville.

Thank you for all your prayers and love.

Blessings from Gramps' #3,
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. I found this odd but you are the only other person I know that referred to a 'father' as a great love of your life. I refer to my deceased dad that way. I don't think I ever experienced true heartbreak until he died. I'm certain I might have, but I tend to squash stuff and his death I did not squash. I allowed myself to feel the conglomerational blob of emotions that surfaced. It was one of his great gifts to me. I'm sorry about your grandfather's death but you are right he is in you and your actions and attitude and you will carry it always. I'm so glad I am able to know him through you as he sounds like he was a most wonderful man. Love your friend, Stacie

    ReplyDelete