Wednesday, October 21, 2009

cut-out houses

Today I went to Downtown Pres to help serve the Wednesday lunch for homeless men and women. The task I was assigned to was passing out desserts. There was an odd conglomeration of dessert items, but most of the desserts were green frosted cut-out cookies. The cookies were all in the shape of houses.

For some reason, I can't shake the fact that the cookies were green houses. Maybe because all the people we were serving were homeless, and I would guess want houses to live in. I don't know why it's bugging me so much, or even how I feel about house cookies going to the homeless. It's just something I keep thinking about and wanted to share.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this one. Seriously! Who makes house-shaped cookies for homeless people?

    ReplyDelete