Thursday, October 8, 2009

recap

It's been a world-wind since my last post. It's been so fast paced and crazy that it's hard to believe it's been a week since I turned 23. Here's a quick-ish recap of the last week:

*attended a breakfast about young adults in the church at the Vandy Divinity school; heard a lot of things that I believe to be important for young adults
*had lunch with Faye, my "host mother" from Downtown Pres @ a great coffee shop, called Frothy Monkey
*went and partied on Broadway on Friday night in some Honky Tonks; great live music
*went Good Will shopping with Jennifer. . . what a fun experience that was! I got all sorts of "new" clothes, and they are all name brand!
*went on the Art Crawl around downtown Nashville, which is a free event every first Saturday of the month
*been meeting with students all week and having great conversations with all of them
*had our first Guatemala meeting; looks like we'll have a group of about 10-15 students for Spring Break
*preparing for our fall break mission trip to Memphis, it's the 21st-25th (it's coming so fast!)
* helped get our 824 breakfast (a "thank you" to all our supporters)put together; Bob and I made the quiches and I told a part of my story on how I became a YAV


I'm really loving taking advantage of making new friends, the free events in and around the city, and the never ending activities of being connected with campus ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment